Friday, 31 July 2009

It's a boy

The second scan was yesterday. It's amazing how much detail is there, and that you can see it. There are 5 fingers on the hand, all the limbs are there, kidneys and liver, the heart has all the bits in it, spine's looking good. Oh and the most important thing, it's a boy. Now this isn't a suprise to me at all as I did just know. Strange explaining to people how you do just know, OK so some people do get it wrong, but so far I've guessed 2 out of 2, so that's quite good I'd say.

I'm still so amazed and almost relaxed to have seen such a healthy little boy moving around. You just expect at any point it all to go wrong, OK so my pregnancy last time was perfectly normal, but I know babies die so I am not out the woods, not now, not never. Babies die, infants die, children die. Death is all around us and it just doesn't only happen to the 'other people'. Easy to just presume that 'other people' have a miscarriage, 'other people' have a still birth, husbands and parent's of 'other people' die. But these things can happen to 'us'. We're not completely imune.

Still I won a massive load of pregnancy gear on eBay. A bundle with 10 pairs of jeans (who needs that many pairs), some jumpers, some tshirts I'm not convinced by. I think it's a bit in your face to wear an I love my bump t shirt. Now an 'I'm scared shitless this bump will die at any second t shirt' oh yes that'd be far more appropriate.

Sorting all the house stuff out and getting the bedroom organised I put together a hospital wash bag, just in case. If anything happens this early I don't think there's time to pack bags. I nearly then went and got a baby grow for the bag till I realised that this early I won't need one. I'll expand my collection to also include my underwear, and then look forward to viability when I can include a babygrow too.

People in my DDC are starting to talk about preparing for Christmas and how they're going to do it and some are even wondering who will have Christmas babies. I just can't beleive their innocence. They're looking forward to Christmas (that must be a nice feeling) and thinking it might be a good thing to have a Christmas baby. Well at least I'll have my little rainbow baby by then so my arms won't feel so empty.

Now a few photos of the bump progress, from the front not so obvious, it's just the side!



4 comments:

  1. what a sweet baby bump - a boy! how exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so beautiful. your baby belly is adorable. a BOY!!!!! sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts to you.

    i love the idea of the 'scared shitless' shirt. how appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a gorgeous little boy bump there, Clare.

    Yup, I used to love all those cute slogan T-shirts (never had any mind, but thought they were cute all the same). This time around, I think I'd want one to say "Not a replacement"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the T-Shirt slogan thing... Gosh I tell you, it's only been SINCE I started feeling movement that I've been having dreams about the baby not making it. They seem to get more graphic every time I have one! I am sure it's just because I am so attached and so excited about this one, the same as with Josie and like a child, desperately hope that our dreams won't be crushed...

    *HUGE hugs* mama! XXX

    ReplyDelete