Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Encouraging Stories

I have been reading the encouraging stories from PAL to counteract the sadness you feel reading about someone else's loss. You do wonder why life throws this at some of us. The only problem is reading about 2nd trimester losses, just makes you realise you're not out the woods for a bit. Even then I don't think I'll be as relaxed as a mother can be until maybe a month after birth.

I've also been amazed at the stories from pregnant mamas after a loss, people with little ones of their own getting through the milestones. Amazing that hopefully this year I will also bring home a little one who'll stay at home this time. There are so many firsts Isabel never reached so I'm only just about being able to read about other people's children sitting up, rolling over...

I don't have the camera for bellypics so I'm taking measurements instead, I'm at just over 29" round the bellybutton, I think I started off at 27(ish). My normal measurement I'm sure is around 26 but I still had a bit of PP and post loss comfort eating fat. I went up to 36" in total with Isabel so who knows where this one will take me.

The view from the garden at the new spot, the hospital reassuringly in the distance not that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment