Friday, 11 September 2009

Empty cradle, empty heart

Yesterday I was sorting everything out and finally took out the stuff from what we used as a moses basket. And yes I can still see the indent from Isabel's head. It's so hard to believe I had a little daughter to hold onto, and that she did sleep in her lovely blue bath. I haven't washed the last stuff she wore. I haven't quite got to the plastic bag with the clothes she was wearing when we took her to hospital. I know that'll be rough. Coming home from hospital without her hurt so much, I could still hear her cry.

This time we caved and did get a 'proper' moses basket. It was from freecycle so why not. But I still think the bath is the best thing. Plastic so wipe clean, strong so you can pick it up and carry it on one hip. Oh and it's baby sized. It will feel so strange when we are bathing Django in this little bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment